Terms and Conditions
OVERVIEW1. By enrolling in this Mobil “Engine ka Superstar” Contest (“Contest”), each participant to the Contest (“Participant”) agrees to adhere and be bound by these Terms and Conditions of the Contest (“T&C”). Each Participant understands and agrees that the participation in Contest is subject to the T&C laid hereof.
These T&C together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the competition rules (“Rules”). By entering in the Contest, Participant agrees to be bound by the Rules. In addition, all Participants are required to comply with www.mobil.co.in Terms & Conditions.
2. The promoter of the Contest is ExxonMobil Lubricants Private Limited having its address at 5th Floor, Crescent 1, Prestige Shantiniketan Building, Whitefield Main Road, Whitefield, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560048, India (“EM”).
3. Any rules specific to Contest will be displayed on the webpage for such Contest (“Competition Notice”) and are deemed to be incorporated in the Rules. In the event of differences between these T&C and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
4. EM reserves the right to cancel or amend any part of the Competition Notice, T&C of Contest or the Rules at its sole discretion and without notice in the event of any event outside EM’s reasonable control and disclaims all liability for such cancellation and amendment.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to Contest, the decision of EM shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into with regard to the same.
6. Contest is open from 23rd Sept till 31st Oct 2022.
7. Participation in the Contest is voluntary. No participation fee will be charged by EM for participation in the Contest.
8. Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Reliance Entertainment, T-Series, Friday Filmworks, Jio Studios, YNOT Studios Production or BOOKMYSHOW.
QUALIFYING ENTRANTS FOR THE CONTEST9. The Contest is only open for the age group of 18 and above.
10. Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of EM or any company involved in the Contest are not eligible to enter and participate in the Contest. EM reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if EM becomes aware of or has reasonable grounds to suspect that a winner is not eligible for these reasons. Further, Government employees are not eligible for the Contest.
11. Contest is not open to the residents of Tamil Nadu.
COMPETITION ENTRIES12. To participate in the Contest, Participants need to correctly WhatsApp the slogan “Synthetic Matlab Mobil” to +91 9223800050.
13. Every Participant can send multiple entries. However, for 1 day, the first entry submitted will be considered.
14. 2 lucky winners will be selected daily till 31st Oct 2022 (not applicable for Tamil Nadu residents) and those winners will be announced periodically as per Clause 14 below. Each winner will be entitled to get 2 (two) e-ticket from Book My Show which will be issued to the winning number and can be redeemed at BOOKMYSHOW in order to be exchanged for tickets for a particular show.
PRIZES15. Prize winners for the Contest will be notified via WhatsApp on or before 1st Nov 2022 (and may be contacted by EM or EM’s nominated supplier[s]). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded, only one prize per entrant will be awarded for a particular day. Major prizewinners’ names may be published in relevant social media platforms.
16. If the winner does not reply to the notification with the information requested within 28 days of that notification being sent, they will forfeit their prize. Prizes will be delivered within 28 days of the winner providing their delivery details, unless otherwise stated through direct contact from the promoter to the winner. The promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for delays in delivery that are outside of its control.
17. BookMyShow vouchers will be awarded to winners and can be redeemed at https://www.BookMyShow.com/ in order to be exchanged for tickets at a particular show. However, EM makes no guarantee or commitment of tickets availability on Book My Show on any particular day or particular show.
18. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. EM reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time in its sole discretion.
19. Prizes are awarded at EM’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
LIABILITY20. EM shall not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Contest or as a result of accepting any prize. EM is not responsible for any technical issues in relation to any telecommunications or internet network (including in relation to speed or bandwidth), including any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials related to the Contest . Access to the website www.mobil.co.in operated by EM is subject to the www.mobil.co.in General Terms & Conditions.
21. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded in law, EM (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion of Contest, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by the winner.
22. EM accepts no responsibility for any variation of any aspect of the prize due to circumstances outside of its control. In such event, an alternative element of the prize will be arranged.
23. EM is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any communication network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. EM reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of EM, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. EM’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into and entertained.
24. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of EM which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, EM reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. EM assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, EM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
25. User/participant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless EM, its officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers and third party partners from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fee, resulting from any violation by user of these T&C and Rules.
26. All EM product names, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, are trademarks of ExxonMobil Corporation, its affiliates, related companies or its licensors or joint venture partners, unless otherwise noted. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any other materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may be in violation of copyright law, trademark law, the law of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Please be advised that ExxonMobil Corporation and its affiliates actively and aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. By submitting any trademarked content via this contest, you warrant and represent that you have all legal and other rights that may be necessary to publish, republish or distribute the content and will comply to any and all trademark/copyright law with respect to that content.
27. If a Participant is dissatisfied with any of these T&C or Rules, he/she shall be free to not to participate in the Contest or discontinue at any stage from participating in the Contest;
28. Failure or delay in exercising any right or remedy available under these T&C, Rules and / or law does not constitute a waiver of any rights or remedies available to EM;
DATA PROTECTION & PUBLICITY29. Each Participant agrees and admits that he/she has provided their personal information and/or personal sensitive information such as mobile number, name and contact details such as address and email id, voluntarily and knowingly to EM. The Participant, by providing these personal information and/or personal sensitive information has expressly consented to the use of such information for future marketing communication and for the purposes of the Contest wherein their information will be used for registration and selection of winners.
30. Participants agree that the information submitted during the Contest may be retained and used by EM for a reasonable period after the Contest to assist EM to operate contest/competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries as well as for sending promotional material through or in conjunction with partner agencies.
31. Participants agree that the information submitted during the Contest are solely discretionary. Participants agree that any claims by a third party in relation to the information submitted by the participant will be solely the responsibility of the Participant. EM will not be responsible for any disputes arising with respect to the same.
33. By entering in the Contest, Participants hereby warrant that all information submitted by the Participants is true, current and complete. EM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants and disqualify a Participant for submitting false information. In the event a Participant desires to correct/amend the information submitted by them or withdraw the information submitted, the participant may do the same by reaching out at social handle of Mobil India page @MobilIndia.
34. The Contest is only open for the age group of 18 and above.
35. EM reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Rules and EM disclaims all liability arising out of such disqualification.
36. In the event that any Contest winner is subsequently disqualified from the Contest for any reason, EM, in its sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement winner should be selected in accordance with the Contest criteria.
37. By submitting an entry to this Contest, the Participants grant EM a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such entry in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
JURISDICTION38. These T&C and Competition Notice will be governed by Indian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Bangalore.