Mobil 1™ 0W‑40
Mobil 1™ is the world’s leading synthetic engine oil brand delivering our signature performance and protection. Mobil 1™ 0W-40 Advanced Full Synthetic Engine Oil is engineered for latest gasoline and diesel (without Diesel Particulate Filters or DPFs) engine technology, delivering excellent all-round performance. It provides exceptional cleaning power, wear protection and overall performance, keeping your engine running like new in all driving conditions.
Features and Potential Benefits
Mobil 1 0W-40 is made with a proprietary blend of ultra high performance synthetic base stocks fortified with a precisely balanced component system.
- Meets or exceeds the latest OEM and industry approvals
- Is chosen for factory fill in many of the world’s finest vehicles
- Provides excellent overall performance
- Has excellent low temperature capabilities for rapid engine protection at start-up
- Has enhanced frictional properties that aid fuel economy
- Delivers fast protection for reduced engine wear and deposits even in the most extreme driving conditions
- Provides exceptional cleaning power for dirty engines.
Thanks to extensive cooperative development work with major manufacturers and the application of the latest lubrication technology, Mobil 1 0W-40 is recommended for many types of modern vehicles where it will help provide unsurpassed performance even under very demanding driving conditions.
- Latest engine technologies including Turbo-chargers, Direct Injection, Diesels (without DPF) and Hybrids
- High performance engines
- Most operating conditions, from mild to extreme
Always consult your owner’s manual to check recommended viscosity grade and specifications for your particular vehicle.
|Mobil 1 0W-40 meets or exceeds the requirements of:|
|API SN, SM, SL, SJ||X|
|Mobil 1 0W-40 has the following builder approvals:|
|VW 502 00/505 00||X|
|Nissan Genuine Performances||X|
|According to ExxonMobil, Mobil 1 0W40 is of the following quality:|
|VW 503 01||X|
|Mobil 1 FS 0W-40||Value|
|Viscosity, cSt (ASTM D445)|
|@ 40º C||70.8|
|@ 100º C||12.9|
|MRV at -40ºC, cP (ASTM D4684)||21600|
|HTHS Viscosity, mPa•s @ 150ºC, (ASTM D4683)||3.6|
|Total Base Number (ASTM D2896)||12.6|
|Sulfated Ash, wt% (ASTM D874)||1.34|
|Phosphorous, wt% (ASTM D4981)||0.1|
|Flash Point, ºC (ASTM D92)||226|
|Density @15ºC, g/ml (ASTM D4052)||0.8456|